Primary School ICT and Computing
At the Primary school level, the computing curriculum can be broken down into 3 strands: Computer science, Information technology, and Digital literacy.
We aim to spark interest in ICT and Computing at a young age, with our engaging tutoring lessons for Years 3-6. We work to build each student’s confidence and give them the courage to ask questions in class.
- Computing systems and networks
- Data and information
- Creating media (inc sounds and graphics)
- Basic graphing
- Research, gather, and interpret information using online sources
- Using Excel, Google sheets, Word and Google Docs
- Presentations using PowerPoint, Prezi, or Adobe
- Understanding search engines
- Navigating websites
- Pros and cons of the internet and media
- Compare online and offline apps
- Understand how the internet and search engines work