Spark interest in maths at a young age, with our courses for Years 3-6. We work to build each student’s confidence and give them the courage to ask questions in class.
We also build the foundations for successful SATs and help students attain the results they need for high set placement in Year 7. For those working toward grammar/ private school entry exams, we’re on hand to help too.
At Air Maths we go further than just the key topics. Our students learn the reasoning skills and exam techniques to excel at the even the most challenging of questions.
- Order, partition, and round numbers to three decimal places
- Negative numbers
- Factors and multiples
- Basic algebra (taught in Year 6)
- Use of brackets, including BODMAS
Ratio and Proportion
- Know equivalents between decimals, fractions and percentages
- Problems involving decimals, fractions and percentages
Geometry and Measures
- Read and plot coordinates
- Measure and draw acute, obtuse, reflex and right angles
Probability and Statistics
- Calculate the mean, median and mode average, plus the range (the mean will be taught in Year 6)
- Understand probability
- Draw and interpret line graphs, bar charts, pie charts and pictograms