The time has come to step up both GCSE maths revision and A-Level maths revision. With a little more than 2 months left before these 2 big maths exam, you should be well underway with preparation.
Maths revision can be hard work and might mean making sacrifices. You might not be able to see your friends or relax in front of the television as much as you like. However, make sure to keep your eye on the prize. Think about what good results in this exam could mean to your future.
“Step up your game and success will step up to you.”
Take a critical look at your revision habits and make sure they are still relevant to what you need to achieve now. Every year and every exam will be your biggest yet. Sometimes that means tweaking how you've been doing things slightly.
If you are not sure when your exams are, see below:
Below is the timetable for all GCSE exam boards: Below is the timetable for all A-Level exam boards:
General Revision Tips
There are some general revision tips that would be relevant to both GCSE maths revision and A-Level maths revision.
- Set a revision plan and stick to eat
- Eat well, sleep well and stay hydrated (no, coffee and energy drinks don't count). Some great tips on How to Stay Healthy During Exams here. With the current Coronavirus fears doing the rounds it is now even more important to make sure you look after your health. Another reason why Air Maths Tuition's online classes might just be the safest option for extra maths tuition. You don't want to end up fighting the virus in the middle of one of the most important exams of your life.
Stay safe from the Coronavirus and join our online group classes today.
- Attend revision classes. At Air Maths Tuition we are in fact doing an Easter Maths Revision Course.
- Take breaks. Your brain cannot fire effectively for extended periods of time. There have been various studies, and it seems that a 5-15 minute break every hour, with a longer 30-minute break every 2-4 hours is optimal for most. Remember, every student is different, so find what works best for you.
- Find your learning style. Yes, there is some controversy on the validity of learning styles. Having worked with many learners (often ones with learning difficulties) over the years, I have found this extremely helpful. Why not try your hand at this quiz to see what learning style you might have.
- Stay calm and keep things in perspective. Stressing too much can be detrimental to your success.
- Talk to your friends and family. Be careful not to isolate yourself too much.
- Last but not least, Do Not Study on The Day of Your Exam! If you have spent your time wisely in the weeks leading up to the exam, do not try and cram anything else on that day. Doing that will only cause anxiety and be the cause of those 'blank' moments you can experience in an exam.
These are general guidelines for exam preparation and revision as you will be doing revision for a lot of different subjects over the next few months. It is important to look after yourself at this time.
GCSE Maths Revision & A-Level Maths Revision Tips
- Make sure you know your theories, proofs and formulas. That's why we prepared these A-level Pure Maths revision sheets for you. Also, make sure to visit ExamSolutions for great GCSE Maths Revision and A-Level Maths Revision resources.
- Practice, practice practice. Past papers and Revision Courses like our Easter Maths Revision Course is ideal. You can find lots of GCSE and A-Level Maths Past Papers at School Entrance Tests and ExamSolutuions.
- Maths is in fact a social subject. Yes, you heard me right. Most professional mathematicians in fact spend a lot of time discussing mathematics problems with each other. Therefore, make sure to include group maths revision sessions in your schedule. Our group online maths tuition classes are great for this. It gives you the social aspect without having to worry about exposing yourself to things like the Coronavirus or stress about the fact that all the antibacterial handwash is sold out.
The time is now. Step up your A-Level and GCSE Maths Revision today and let us help you achieve the results you deserve. We are truly passionate about our students and their success and would love to help you make a success of your exams. Your future self will thank you one day.